IT Risk Management/Audit Senior Associate
|Title:||IT Risk Management/Audit Senior Associate|
DescriptionIT Risk Management/Audit Senior Associate
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP's Assurance & Advisory department is currently seeking an experienced IT Risk Management/Audit Senior Associate.
The Senior Associate will work on a range of IT based compliance assignments with clients in a number of industries in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. They will report to and work closely with Senior Management in the Risk Management group. As an individual contributor, this role will require a tactical level of experience to drive IT compliance efforts including (but not limited to) Service Organization Controls (SOC) reporting for SOC 1/SSAE 16, and SOC 2, as well as SOX IT and project-based IT compliance. They will assist the project manager in many instances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute project tasks within assigned budget. Provide timely updates to supervisors regarding progress and issues that may impair successful completion of specific tasks and overall project.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on projects.
- Supervise, train and mentor consultants and interns on projects.
- Work with audit assurance teams and the client to plan project strategy, define objectives and address technology-related controls risks and issues.
- Conduct the review of operational and IT processes and provide management with an assessment of risks, internal controls design and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the processes.
- Conduct testing of IT related controls and identify areas of control exceptions.
- Apply knowledge of IT trends and IT systems processes to identify engagement issues and risk management issues.
- Use automated tools to help clients assess risk exposure and document internal controls.
- Maintain a good working relationship with client management and staff at all levels to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience delivering IT audit projects including risk assessments, platform reviews and ERP package controls.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Business or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
- CISA and/or CISSP certification is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build relationships and gain the confidence and respect of clients and peers.
- Customer service oriented and accustomed to taking an active role in executing projects.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team or work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; attention to detail is essential.
- Advanced proficiency in basic PC applications (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites around the SF Bay Area.
- Travel to client locations outside of the SF Bay Area may be required.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications